Hello guys! I’ve finally decided to put together a FAQ to answer some of the questions I receive regularly. So if you’ve been curious about me or my cosplay, definitely read on! ^_^
1. How old are you?: You probably won’t believe this — no one ever does — but I’m 22, going on 23. I was born in 1989. Sadly, it seems I stopped aging around the age of 15. And no — there were no vampires involved.
2. What is your helmet made out of?: It’s PVC. There are both ups and downs to PVC. First, it is very light, making it comfortable to wear for long hours at a time. But it’s also very fragile. Siffy and I discovered this the hard way on our first photoshoot. >_<
3. Where did you get your costume?: My costume, helmet and staff were made by Mandy — a wonderful cosume designer! Definitely check out her website, and message her for custom commissions!
4. Where were your pictures taken?: All three photoshoots were taken in different states. The first in Pennsylvania, the second in Georgia, and the third in Ohio. And if you’re thinking, “Ohio doesn’t have any castles,” google Loveland Castle and see otherwise.
5. Who is your photographer?: Siffy! She’s amazingly talented, and I don’t know what I’d do without her. Check out her Tumblr (she also does art commissions).
6. Do you have a Facebook page?: Yes, in fact, I do! It just recently opened. You can check it out HERE, and be sure to ‘Like’ me.
7. Do you have a Twitter?: Yes… however, I very rarely use it. You can still follow me, though, by clicking HERE. :) I might become more regular now that I’m gaining a following.
8. Do you have DeviantArt?: Absolutely! Check it out HERE.
9. What Cons will you be at this year?: This year, the only big Con I’m going to is DragonCon. But next year, I’m planning on going to ComiCon as well, if at all possible. So, be on the look for me! :)
10. What gender are you?: … Do you really need to ask? Really? Haha. I’m very much a female! Look at any of my pictures where I’m not dressed as Loki, and I hope you’ll be able to tell. Either that, or I’m going to develop a serious complex. Hah!
11. Do your Sclera contact lenses hurt? How long can you wear them for?: They don’t hurt, per se, but that doesn’t mean they’re a joy to wear either. I am aware of them at all times, and the tunnel vision they give me makes it hard to read. Yes — I become an illiterate frost giant when I wear them. How fitting. As for how long I can wear them, so far, the longest I’ve had them in is about two hours. But for DragonCon, I plan to wear them all day. We’ll see how well that goes over, and if I still have eyes by the end of the weekend. Here’s a video about them.
12. Where can I buy scleras like yours?: 9mm Special Effects is the place to go. I’m their biggest fangirl. Both of the pairs I have from them are phenomenal.
13. What are your hobbies besides cosplay?: Well, cosplay is currently my biggest hobby, but I also love writing. Siffy and I actually have a 2,500+ page book we’re working on together. I play the harp a little, and I love to sing. In the summer, I swim practically every day, though you’d never guess that from how bloody pale I am. And I’m also a master cupcake decorator. Haha!
14. Does it annoy you when people message you all the time?: Absolutely not! I love interacting with followers. So please — message me! Send me requests for future pictures, questions, in character questions (most likely to be answered publicly), or just a simple ‘hello’. I appreciate it all. You guys are awesome.
15. Can I share your pictures on my website?: Yes, please do! However, remember to be courteous and give credit where credit is deserved. Link back to me, and I will be glad to see my work shared. And if you send me a link to your site, I may even throw out a promo for you on here. ^_~
- mrs-landers likes this
- ashley-shadowsblog likes this
- taurusyao likes this
- the-wandering-witch likes this
- davidescribe likes this
- xxkeeperofdeathxx likes this
- mischievous-laufeyson likes this
- nowletscopypokerface likes this
- iamarobotassassin likes this
- christiana-enm likes this
- themishapsofmishi likes this
- helenciithafuckyea likes this
- whimsyandbrimstone likes this
- paperchimes said: High five for stopping aging at 15!! I’m 19 this year and I look like I belong in middleschool… *sigh* I feel your pain. xDD (or is it a blessing? hmm)
- paperchimes likes this
- inkreader13 likes this
- maxwellmajesty likes this
- drawingcheezers likes this
- umakoo likes this
- somelikeitblue posted this